Metal Roofing Installation – How to Decide If You Can Do It Yourself
Your home or cabin must need a new roof or you probably wouldn’t be reading this just for the fun of it.
Your next question is: Can I install my own metal roof? If you have basic construction knowledge, have the ability to use basic tools and are able to climb a ladder, I sure don’t see any reason why you can’t install a metal roof.
A new roof comes at a price, so if you are considering building a home starting from scratch or if you need a whole new roof, roofing isn’t something you want to take any chances with. We are a trustworthy company that believes in giving nothing less the best residential roofing services to your house. Elite Roofing Halifax offer both residential and commercial roofing customers our top-quality roofing services from our specialized Halifax roofing experts.
You will need to know material sourcing, roof preparation and metal roof installation techniques.
– Let’s start with the roofing materials. You need to decide what type and style of metal roofing you want to use.
– Grand Rib 3 style roofing is one of the most common styles. It is popular, inexpensive, vertical style metal panel with clean traditional lines. Horizon or Alu Loc is another vertical style metal panel that many architects spec out for custom home construction. Shingle Style Metal Roofing is another option. Metal shingles that resemble wood, tile and slate are available.
Search for Grand Rib 3, Alu Loc and Shingle Style Metal Roofing on the internet for more information.
– When you have decided on the style of metal roof that fits your home and abilities. The next thing you will need to do is get roofing materials quote so you can have a budget for your project.
Elite Roofing Halifax offer a multitude of benefits for protecting your roof from snow and ice build-up. There is essentially now here for the water to accumulate and gain entry. Compared with shingles, which have a 2-inch coverage, a metal roof has a 100% coverage so water cannot back up and enter your home. Roof installation durable products have experienced dramatic growth in popularity in the past decade. Fire-resistant qualities, longevity, and speed of installation are among the reasons why our customers prefer them.
Many companies on the internet offer a Metal Roofing Online Estimate free of charge. Most of these are just that, an estimate. What you really want is a Metal Roofing Analysis. The Metal Roofing Analysis includes a panel cut list, a drawing that shows the panel layout and a complete quote that includes trim and fasteners.
To receive a Metal Roofing Analysis; make a simple drawing of your roof that includes dimensions. The drawing doesn’t have to be pretty but it does need to include all of the ridge lines, hip lines, valleys, transitions, dormers, porches or anything else that you may think is important. Most metal roof companies will accept a simple faxed drawing or a scanned drawing that you can email; again you don’t have to be a draftsman unless you enjoy that sort of thing.
You should definitely hire a professional Elite Roofing Halifax when you intend to install a new roof or even repair an existing roof. Getting ripped off may be an issue for some consumers, while getting a poor job maybe another. You may even be the victim of a no-show by a contractor. You should ask these questions to ensure they are knowledgeable about their responsibilities to you and look for the answers you need before hiring them.
Search for Metal Roofing Analysis or Metal Roofing Online Estimate to locate internet companies that provide free metal roofing quotes.
– The next step is to evaluate your existing roof and decide if it needs any repairs before you install your metal roof.
A metal roof can be installed over existing shingles as long as there is only one layer of shingles. Any shingles that are curled or loose need to be removed before the metal is installed. Walk around on your roof and test it for soft or spongy areas, you may need to replace plywood or OSB if any bad areas are found. Crawl up in your attic and inspect the underside of the roof sheathing and framework for water damage and structural damage.
– When you have all of the repairs complete it is time to prepare the roof surface for the metal roof. Metal Roof Underlayment should be installed over the existing shingles to protect the new roofing from the sandpaper effect of the shingles. Synthetic metal roofing underlayment is also an excellent choice for new construction or remodels. You will find sources for Metal Roof Underlayment on the internet if you search for it. Install the underlayment per directions, pay special attention to the number of nails needed to secure the underlayment to your roof for best results.
Elite Roofing Halifax
2448 Brunswick Street Halifax, NS B3K5X1